Healthy Balance, LLC
Covid - 19 Studio Safety Protocol Plan
Covid - 19 Studio Safety Protocol Plan
Healthy Balance, LLC is committed to providing a safe workout space for our clients. With that in mind, we’ve built this Studio Safety Protocol due to the Covid-19 pandemic. As our business re-opens to the public, we want to ensure not only the safety of our clients but the safety of the greater community that every person entering our studio will come into contact with. Every client is expected to take part in implementing and complying with these measures. Before entering the studio for their first class or session, clients will be required to sign a Studio Safety Protocol Plan.
Our clients are the core of our business and we’re incredibly serious about protecting the health of each and every one of them. We have built our Studio Safety Protocol with a team of experts.
Our Studio Safety Protocol follows the CDC, state, and local health guidelines and HIPAA in relation to Covid-19.
The Studio Safety Protocol includes:
• Health Protocol
• Hygiene Protocol
• Sanitation Protocol
• Social Distancing Protocol
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or at least two of these symptoms:
• Repeated shaking with chills
• Muscle pain
• Sore throat
• Loss of taste or smell
All clients should self-monitor for these symptoms. If you have any of these symptoms, please do not come to the studio and call your doctor. All clients are asked to check their temperature prior to class. If your temperature is above 100.4 please cancel your class and monitor your symptoms.
• If a client shows either (A) any symptoms of Covid-19 (even if the client is determined not to have Covid-19) or (B) tests positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of attending the studio, the client should immediately contact Theresa Wood
• Theresa will review whom the client has had contact with at the studio in the prior 14 days leading up to going into isolation from the studio. This will include all clients that have had close contact with (close contact being within 6 feet for at least 30 minutes) as well as what areas of the studio and equipment the client had touched or been in.
• If you have been in close contact (per the above definition) with an affected client who tests positive for Covid-19 within their isolation period, you will be notified via email and phone. Per the CDC guidelines, remain in isolation for 14 days and self-monitor for symptoms. Seek medical attention should you develop any symptoms.
• We are implementing policies to protect our client’s health details and conditions. When notifying people who have had close contact with an affected team member, the identity and condition of the client will not be shared.
• All clients who show symptoms may not re-enter the studio until at least 72 hours have passed since the resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and improvement in respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or cough, and at least 7 days have passed since symptoms began or the release from your physician.
• All clients should practice social distancing by deliberately increasing the physical space between you and other people to at least six feet wherever possible.
All clients must implement good hygiene and infection control practices. These include:
Socks: The studio requires that socks be worn. Socks are available for purchase.
Hand Sanitizer: The studio requires clients to hand sanitize before and after sessions. Hand sanitizer is in a number of locations around the studio.
Masks: Clients have the option to wear or not wear a mask. Healthy Balance, LLC does not guarantee everyone in the studio will wear a mask.
Hand Washing: Clients are instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water after using the restroom or coughing and sneezing. Clients are encouraged to wash their hands before and after sessions, but using hand sanitizer instead is sufficient.
Avoid Touching Your Face: Clients are encouraged to avoid touching their face to help avoid the spread of germs.
Use Respiratory Etiquette: Clients should cover their mouths and nose when coughing and sneezing with a sleeve or tissue. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer following coughing and sneezing and dispose of tissues in the trash. Avoid touching your face when coughing and sneezing. Tissues are provided in the studio.
Personal Belongings: Teachers and clients should not handle or touch any other person’s personal belongings, including phones and personal equipment.
Our studio will provide daily sanitation and cleaning as normal, with additional cleanings and disinfection measures in between all sessions.
Social Distancing Protocol
The studio will observe strict social distancing protocol to ensure close contact (contact of less than 6 feet) is limited.
• Only clients who have pre-scheduled appointments or classes will be allowed to enter the studio.
• Please keep 6 feet between yourself and anyone when entering and leaving the studio.
• Cubbies are available. Please keep social distancing as you wait to put your personal items away and otherwise access your cubby.
• If props are needed for each client, that will be placed in advance by teachers at each space. Those props should be left in the same place following the session to be collected and disinfected by the teacher.
• For Classes: No hands-on cueing will be used during the classes. All cues will be verbal or visual. The teacher will maintain a 6 foot or greater distance from the client.
• For Private Sessions: This is on a case by case basis and is determined before the session between the teacher and client.
Late cancellation fees for illness or exposure to Covid-19 are officially waived. If more than one late cancellation occurs, the studio may request emailed documentation to confirm the reason for late cancellation. Please note: If you show any signs or symptoms of Covid-19, please review the Health Protocols above for when you can schedule your next session.
All packages and sessions may be frozen if a client is ill, diagnosed or has been exposed to Covid-19. However, your timeslot is not guaranteed and will be handled on a case by case basis.
No refunds will be provided for memberships, packages or classes. If a client is ill, diagnosed or has been exposed to Covid-19, the studio will extend the expiration date of a class/sessions. This may be extended based on the individual client’s situation. There are no refunds for individual sessions.
All of our waivers of liability have been updated to include infectious disease within them. We will provide you an updated copy of the waiver to sign.
Updates to the Plan
All updates, modifications and changes to the plan will be communicated through email.